Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Pan-dora, the uncooperative machine - Premiere

The premiere of "Pan-dora: the uncooperative machine" was a great success last friday at GSMD. Ruth Hardwick performed it with great professionalism and portrayed the theatrical scenery well (pic: Ruth rehearsing day before concert).

There will hopefully be a second performance in the end of June and ofcourse I´ll post all relevant information here. The plan is the record it, both video and audio, at that occasion. An audio recording would not suffice since the piece demands quite the dramatisation on behalf of the performer.

Today the piece is approx. 3 minutes. Once I get a chance to revise it it will no doubt be longer (somewhere between 5-10 min.) and I intend to incorporate a more advanced graphic/visual aspect into it. So everytime the performer triggers something, you dont only hear a playback, you also see a visual reaction to what is taking place. You can see the detailed emotions of "Pan-dora" as she plays the loops/music/beats. How that will be portrayed has not yet been decided and will be workshoped with the appropriate designer. Already I do have some visual aspects in the piece, but they are quite basic. Still, they give the performance that extra sparkle.

The MAXmsp patch worked perfectly, and as the final project for my electro-acoustic elective I´ll be handing in a short report, 1-2 pages, explaining the process and functions. I intend to share that report here on my blog in due course along with a video tutorial. For now, you can view my patch as a png file as it looks to today (presentation mode):



No comments: