Saturday, February 25, 2012

Dance structure charts

Last night Jonathan Larsson and Jason Andersson premiered "Become, a duet" at Guildhallschool, and they did a great job.

It´s always a weird experience for me to hear my music premiered when I´ve been living with it and moulding it for such a long time, in this case: approx. 3 months. It must be the closest I´ll be to an out-of-body-experience. All of a sudden you are on the outside, gazing in, as a member of the audience. I usually zone out while the performance takes place and cant remember everything until I hear the recording afterwards. Strange? ... maybe. Composers have been known to be quite eeccentric.

Now I´m working on my music for the collaboration with coreographer Andrew Bennett. I´ve made a rough structure to get me going, and as an excuse for being lazy this evening when I should had been writing a Treble Recorder solo, I made 3 charts to visually demonstrate this structure.

Behold, at the top you´ll see one of these famous charts.

Best wishes / Bestu kveðjur
Helgi

No comments: