Sunday, February 5, 2012

Branching out

Since the successful concert of the Composers Society and Elektra Ensemble (www.elektraensemble.com) in Harpa (www.harpa.is) at Dark Musicdays festival (www.myrkir.is) this January 28th I´ve been working very hard to put our new material online and in an accessible layout, with good help from Halldór Smárason, one of my co-composers.

Here is the final result, you can read about the group and the individuals and listen to the concert:

http://flavors.me/tonskaldafelag

Last monday I finished my newest piece "Become", a duet for viola and piano. It´s based on the piece you´ll find on the site earlier mentioned but I´ve expanded the material and developed the structure much further. The premiere will be Feb. 24th at Guildhall 7pm. Everyone welcome and no ticket prize.

Here are some of the influences:





Best wishes / Kær kveðja
-Helgi

No comments: