Monday, September 12, 2011

Works in progress: the sequel

Seems I have forgotten a very important work in progress in the last entry. Last year I started assembling all my vocal vorks into one book. I was about half way through when I got bored with it and other projects knocked on my door.

Back then I called it : "Sönglög 2006-2010" (Songs: 2006-2010). When I get the time to work on it again it will surely be updated to "Songs: 2006-2011".

As of today the following songs can be found in the book:

-Drottning í húmi (f. Mezzo-Soprano)
-Fortíðarsýn (f. Bass)
-Vesalings Tinna (female trio)
-Skuggablóm (f. Tenor and Mezzo Soprano)
-Von í dimmu (f. Tenor and Mezzo Soprano)
-Síðueldar (f. mixed choir)

All of these are quite early pieces with a new piano accompaniment arrangement. The later added works will be for solo voice and choir mostly.

I had planed to use atleast a part of my first 3 weeks in London, before the start of term, to finish old projects. But without the proper facilities, like access to piano and working desk it´s hard to get anything done. Still, I´m very grateful to have a roof over my head and food on my plate. There will be enough time and facilites to compose in less than one week when we move into our appartment.

No comments: