Saturday, June 18, 2011

Teacher glossary #4 / New choir piece


I think I´ve made up my mind regarding the professors at Guildhall. At least have I contacted mr. Phillips, head of the composition department wich I talked about in teacher glossary #1, and informed him about my thoughts. Being a very pleasant man, I´m sure he´ll be able to help me make a final decission.

On a more decisive note:
My newest work, Ávarp ("Address"), for choir and piano was performed by me and a few friends the other day and broadcasted by the Icelandic National television (Rúv) 1st of June. It was written for my dad who just turned 60. A direct link to it is here:

http://dagskra.ruv.is/sjonvarpid/4545113/2011/06/01/2/

It´s the last segment in the clip: "Sextugsafmælisgjöf sem hljómar vel"

Currently I´m introducing it to conductors in hope that it will be performed more. Based on the acceptanse it got after this airing I do not have a doubt in my mind that it will become a good addition to the Icelandic choir repertoir.

Attached to this post is the Title page of the piece.

p.s. Á forsíðu verksins má finna tilvísun í Húnavatnssýsluna, en faðir minn er einmitt fæddur og uppalinn þar. Þúsund stig fyrir þá sem fatta.

2 comments:

Jón Kristján said...

Haha, Ísbjörninn. Ég skil.

Helgi Rafn said...

:o)