Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Goodbye boring intro

My symphony #1, Skuggablóm, has re-entered my life after being under the rug for some time (since last january to be exact).

When I last left it I belived it to be finished, but still had some doubts about the intro part, the first 2 min. approx. When I listen to it today these doubts are even stronger. Today it´s just plain boring.

So, my next order of business is to edit this to the max. Cut out, at least 1 1/2 minute from the beginning and make this transition from plain motive to fullblown melody move faster. When I was writing this at first I thought that faster transformation would make the piece too hard to receive, but "boredom" is definitely higher on the delete-priority list.

Other idea I had is to "reprise" one of the later chapters earlier. Now the whole feels kinda "rondo-ish". That is, no chapter repeats itself, even though they do.

Maybe that isn´t a bad thing. I´ll have to think about this some more.

Here is the midi file of the whole piece
Skuggablóm Symphony by HelgiRafn

No comments: