Monday, July 18, 2011

Excitement / Dufay

My place at Guildhall school has been confirmed. Is it finally time to be overwhelmed with excitement? Imagine, 2 whole years of nothing but composing music and related activities. Heaven...

... Now the only thing left is to arrange acomodation. Work in progress...

Talking about works in progress. I´ve finished structuring my next piece, for the consert 16th of november. 4 voices, flugelhorn/trumpet, euphonium and piano. The text I chose is from Völuspá, wich talks about the creation of the world and it´s destruction, but wont be revealed just yet. Now I need an inspiration for the musical content. I´ve been listening quite to the medival composer Dufay (Pic: on the left) (August 5, 1397?[1] – November 27, 1474) - wikipedia



I´ve been thinking about using Contrapunktal vs. Dot-ism as my main theory. Dot-ism: A melody is devided between players/singers so it appears in parts, or dots, around the orkestra.

All the best
-Helgi Rafn

2 comments:

Bragi said...

Til hamingju með Guildhall, og ég í Royal College, bara gaman ;)

Helgi Rafn said...

Frábært. Við verðum nágrannar Bo)